Bibi Mukherjee is the founder of Curve Trends which launched in 2009 when digital marketing was in its infancy. A Google partner, Curve Trends is a digital marketing agency entrenched in executing integrated campaigns for brands that seek to deliver deep meaning to their audience, forge authentic connections and establish long-lasting relationships with their core customers. The team has successfully conceived, designed and implemented numerous Search, Social, Mobile and Display Campaigns of varying scales catering to brands across major verticals with a focus on data-driven creative insights. In this session, Bibi will discuss developing a scalable, data-driven marketing strategy that can help generate a comprehensive marketing plan regardless of the budget. Bibi and her husband also own Sojourn Bicycling Vacations, a luxury active travel company, and is a WTA Member. Bibi offers the following highlights from her IWTC 2022 presentation.
Highlights from the IWTC Session: Building a Marketing Strategy to Reach Wellness-Minded Consumers
- Customers are more engaged with Multi Channel/ Hybrid outreach.
- Brands must be careful about crossing the line between customer engagement and exhaustion.
- The six stages of any customer purchase decision are Awareness, Interest, Consideration, Intent, Evaluation, and Purchase. Brands need to cater to each of them by utilizing the appropriate channel.
- Marketing decisions and channel selection should be driven by audience demography and behavior, including but not limited to age, gender, education, purchase preferences, etc.
- Understanding competitor marketing strategy, ad spending, and media buying trends are key to developing a marketing plan.
- Always start a plan with a budget. Establishing a budget as a percentage of the revenue is the correct approach. Start with 8-10% of Revenue for the Marketing Budget.
- About 40% of the budget allocation should be to offline channels – Events, trade shows, direct mailing, radio, tv, and sponsorships.
- Out of the remaining 60% allocated to online platforms, between 50-60% should be paid channels ( Google, Facebook, etc.)
- Google: Invest in Search, Retargeting ( Site, Email list), and display.
- Same with Facebook and Instagram. Don’t invest time and energy in obtaining organic likes.
- Email Marketing should be a key strategy. Focus on list building using the site, social platforms, and ad extensions. Watch the frequency and signs of customer exhaustion.
- Any Media buy should be 25% print -75% digital. Digital is key for multiple impressions and for capturing cookies on click.
- Site optimization: Focus efforts on speed, accuracy, relevancy, and call to action (CTA).
- Measure all your marketing efforts using Analytics ( Google Analytics is a great tool)